A smart content strategy can drastically improve your lead generation. One of the most successful attributes of your content strategy is a blog series. When it comes to blogging, let’s start with the facts:
- 55% of marketers say blog content is their top inbound marketing priority.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging efforts are 13x more likely to see a positive ROI
- Small businesses that blog see 126% more lead growth compared to those that don’t
I optimize blog posts not just for SEO, but with your audience in mind. The process starts with us discussing a couple of your niches and deciding on one (at first) to write an entire blog series about. Your series includes two crucial components: your 101 piece and your 102 pieces.
Your 101 piece serves as a guide that answers all of the most common questions someone may have on a subject. For example, if it was about content writing, it would answer some of the following questions:
- What is a content writer?
- What is a blog?
- How do I find one?
- What should I ask them?
- What do they do?
- How much will one cost me?
- What’s the difference between a content writer and a copywriter?
- What is content strategy?
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
Your 101 piece acts as your foundation. It’s usually going to be a much longer post than any of your 102 pieces – which search engines love – and is the piece from which we build out your linking structure.
Your 102 pieces are your how-tos, listicles, dos and don’ts, fascinating facts and more that continue to build off of your 101 piece. Almost every section in your 101 piece will have links to a corresponding 102 post. For example, if one of your 101 subheads is “What is a Blog?” a corresponding 102 post would be “Blog Posts: 7 Do’s and Don’ts.”
Why the Blog Series Model Works
Search engines are like spider webs woven together by links. When 102 content is linked to the 101 content, both pieces get a boost and are more recognized in search engine algorithms. This allows for:
- Better page rankings
- Increased visibility and lead generation
- Increased time your audience will spend on your site
- Further assertion that you a thought leader in your industry
For even better results, I strongly recommend starting with a messaging audit.
Lastly, this content has amazing repurpose potential, including:
- Social media posts
- Subscription “freebies”
- And more
Want to get started? Let’s work together!